How Do I Use Clearpay In-Store?
Clearpay works similar to a Credit Card purchase, where you can make a purchase on the day and pay a third party at a later date. Like a credit card, Clearpay is a form of tender that will be available for customers to use in stores.
All You Need To Use Clearpay:
- Live in the UK (exclusions apply)
- Be at least 18 years old
- A valid email address and mobile number
- A UK credit or debit card to complete your purchase
- A minimum spend of £10 per transaction
It’s easy to use. Simply download the Clearpay mobile app, set up the Clearpay Card, and use your Clearpay Card with Apple Pay to make a contactless payment at check out!
Customers can apply for a Clearpay account in minutes via the Clearpay App. Customers simply download the Clearpay App at Apple or Google Play stores on their mobile device and follow the prompts to set up the Clearpay Card in the Clearpay app.
Step:1 Set up the Clearpay Card
Download the Clearpay app, visit the Card tab to set up the Clearpay Card, and follow the prompts to add it to your Apple Wallet.
Step:2 Open the app to authorize the card
When you’re ready to pay for your Smiggle goodies, open the Card tab in the Clearpay app, select Authorise and pay in-store, and tap the contactless card terminal to pay.
You can see how much you can spend in the Clearpay app. Just open the app and view your estimated pre-approved spend on the Card tab.
- There is a minimum spend of £10 and maximum of £800
- The first payment is required at the time of the purchase. The remaining three instalments will be deducted each fortnight over the next 6 weeks.
- Installments are automatically deducted from the nominated credit/debit card when payment is due. Please ensure that you have funds available on your nominated card when payment is due. You can also choose to make a payment before the due date by logging into your Clearpay account.
- If you fail to pay an instalment by the due date you will be charged a £6 late payment fee by Clearpay and will be charged a further £6 late payment fee if the payment has still not been paid within 7 days. Late fees will not exceed 25% of the total order. Please refer to Clearpay’s full terms & conditions here.
Refunds & Exchanges
If your item is eligible for a refund follow these steps:
Launch the Clearpay app and tap the Card tab.
Select “How it Works” in the top right-hand corner, followed by “How do I return an order?”.
Tap the “Make a Clearpay Card return” button, followed by “Refund to Clearpay Card”.
The Clearpay Card will open in your digital wallet. Tap the phone near the card reader to initiate the return. The refund will go back to the Clearpay Card.
Clearpay will then refund you and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in your Clearpay account. Please be sure to keep your receipt as confirmation of your return.
Visit clearpay.co.uk for a comprehensive list of FAQs and Clearpay’s terms and conditions. If you have questions about your Clearpay account, please contact the Clearpay toll-free customer support line on 0808 164 9707 or use the contact form found here.